Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Slow down...

Life goes by pretty quickly.  We all get caught up in a routine, schedule, and errands on a daily basis.  Things get complicated, no matter how simple we try to keep them.

Lately, I have noticed that I am exhausted from keeping up with myself.  I make myself very busy, all the time, and never seem to just go off auto-pilot.  I have realized that I haven't done just one thing at a time since College.  I've always had "something else going on".

Just look around you.  How many people just do one thing at a time?  When I was food shopping yesterday, I noticed very few people were just shopping.  Several were texting or on their phones.  I personally enjoy food shopping without distractions.  The point is, we very rarely stop to smell the roses, unless we are on vacation or out of town.

I started to really think about how I can truly disconnect.  For starters, I deleted all the time-wasting apps from my iPhone.   My iPhone is just, well, a phone, at least for now.
I also decided that if I'm watching TV or a movie, that's all I'm doing.  No more TV for background noise if I'm on the computer.  Same with the phone.  More small changes to come,  I'm sure.

Right now, I'm just living in the moment.  



No comments:

Post a Comment