Sunday, April 8, 2012

Feeling (almost) renewed

So the whole point of this spring break has been to focus on feeling rested to power through the rest of the school year.  Lord knows I'll need all my energy to get through what's ahead of me.  I've been sleeping, resting, spending time with friends and family, and have been able to stop and smell the flowers, as it were.

I actually enjoyed being home.  I had the time to clean out my closet.  I had time to hold a proper conversation with a good friend.  I had time to just....be.  I didn't have an agenda, I didn't have a routine, I wasn't stuck in a weekend of running around, food shopping, catching up on errands, and watching my precious time off drift away, hour by hour. 

Am I going to say that I won't get caught up in the routine in the coming week?  No.  I know what the next few weeks have in store for me.  All I can do is jump in with both feet and face the coming weeks head on.  Thank God I am feeling rested and ready to charge ahead.  Hopefully I'll still remember to stop and enjoy the little things that matter the most.  

No comments:

Post a Comment